Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Ponchoswaddlingblanket

I found a pair of knitting needles tucked away in a bag with a few rows of pink I had started many years ago. I was determined to finish it off for a girlfriend having her first child. My first blanket was made a little over 9 years ago, for my own child; this would be my second full fledged attempt at knitting a blanket. Assisted by youtube videos it came back pretty quickly. Once I got to the end (another youtube video) I misjudged how much was left and by the time I realized I was going to run out and not have enough to finish off the row it was too late. I couldn't figure out how to take a row off either. Off to the store to see what I could find remotely close to the 8 year old yarn I had started with. I found a complementary color and added it on.



I finished it off and ended up with a long crooked strip of a blanket and wondered how I could camouflage it into something a bit more presentable.



And decided it was just crooked enough to look like a poncho, so I improvised. After finishing off the last row with beige, I then "wove" the beige through the outside edge of the rest of it and added a few tassels.




I finished up with a ponchoswaddlingblanket for new baby - made with way more love than skill.
 
A good friend reminded me the best thing about crafts is that no one has to know what the real plan was.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment